European Logistics Summit 2015
Programme – Speakers – Press Release – Events
The Alliance for European Logistics held the 7th European Logistics Summit
‘Towards the EU growth and jobs agenda: The critical role of the European logistics sector’
You can watch the highlights of the Summit on our YouTube channel.
This year our panelists discussed the role played by the logistics sector in supporting EU growth and the creation of jobs. The Summit focused on the opportunities and challenges brought by the EU Digital Economy and E-commerce and the potential of Transport Infrastructure and Investments to boost European Competitiveness. Panelists included:
- Frank Appel, Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Post DHL.
- Clemence Cheng, Chief Executive Officer, Hutchison Port Holdings (HPH).
- Anders Gustafsson, Chief Executive Officer, Zebra Technologies.
- João Aguiar Machado, Director General, DG MOVE
- J. Rod Franklin, Professor, Dean of Programs and Managing Director, Kuehne Logistics University
- MEP Vicky Ford, Chair of the Internal Market and Consumer Protection Committee of the European Parliament
- Marlene ten Ham, Secretary General of Ecommerce Europe
- Neil Davidson, Senior Analyst – Ports and Terminals of Drewry Shipping Consultants Ltd
- Martin Bailey, Head of Unit, Digital Single Market, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Stéphane Ouaki, Head of Unit, Connecting Europe Facility, DG MOVE, European Commission
- MEP Inés Ayala Sender, Rapporteur on the Investement Plan for Europe in the European Parliament Transport Committee