AEL Mission and Objectives 2014-2019
AEL is the leading body representing the entire logistics value chain at EU level. With our unique membership of companies, including logistics providers, users and suppliers, AEL’s mission is to:
- Provide a platform for closer cooperation with policymakers, bringing forward our on the ground expertise and leading edge insight to support an integrated approach to logistics policy, the exchange of best practice, and co-financing of pilot projects and logistics research.
- Promote an integrated, long-term EU strategy for logistics, with closer coordination between industry and EU policymakers around the following key areas: Competitiveness, Innovation, and Sustainability.
- Support the goal of a more competitive, innovative and sustainable Europe, proactively contributing to the European Union’s agenda by establishing the central importance of logistics to Europe’s goal of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
- Make logistics a central part of the EU’s competitiveness agenda.
- Promote transport policy that recognises the need for flexibility and efficiency across all modes of transport.
- Prioritize the completion of the EU internal market for all logistics services, reinforcing a level playing field in Europe.
- Cut excessive red tape and ensure proper enforcement of legislation.
- Develop a logistics technology agenda with funding to drive innovation and efficiency in logistics.
- Ensure recognition of the role logistics plays in supporting Europe in global trade and the importance of 3rd country market access for Europe’s logistics sector.
- Raise awareness of the importance of efficient global logistics value chains supported by global standards.
- Ensure a close working relationship with policymakers through the:
- Establishment of a High Level Advisory Group on Logistics to advise and enhance co-operation with the European Commission.
- Establishment of inter-parliamentary group in the European Parliament to advise and enhance co-operation with Members of the European Parliament.